NEW YORK — CBS All Access says it has renewed “Star Trek: Discovery” for a second season.

The announcement on Monday comes just weeks after the series’ premiere on CBS’ digital video-streaming service. Since then, the series has driven subscriber growth, critical acclaim and global fan interest, the network says.

The series, whose cast includes Sonequa Martin-Green, Jason Isaacs and Anthony Rapp, is the latest iteration of the “Star Trek” franchise. It’s available exclusively on CBS All Access.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.