Orchids to …
• Baylee Boswell for building “The Orange Crush” demo derby car for his grandfather, Bill Boswell.
• the person who found my purse after it was taken, and returned it to me at work.
• Mark and Wendy Elwood for offering matching donations for substance abuse prevention.
• Dr. Steve Newton, my favorite vet, who is a scholar and a gentleman.
• the Hartsville Church of Christ for an excellent supper and hosting the South Central Indiana Men’s Fellowship on Tuesday night, and to the Rev. Brad Douglas for his encouraging message.
• East Best Buddies for hosting a great Halloween party for Columbus East Life Skills Class.
• Anita for the beautiful, hand-drawn picture of Betty Boop that you made for me, from Janie.
• the lady in the blue van for paying for our dinner in the drive-thru Tuesday evening, we will pay it forward.
• Sens. Flake, Corker and McCain for courageously telling the truth about our president.
Onions to …
• the westside neighbor for making me aware that my lawn has had such an impact on others; grass blade height is the least of our troubles in Columbus.
• city officials for making drivers sit long periods of time at a stoplight with absolutely no cross traffic.
• the city for spending nearly $5 per foot to paint lane stripes on Rocky Ford Road.
• people who take up one restaurant’s parking while going to another nearby restaurant.
• people who use their lawn mowers two or three hours at a time.
Happy Birthday to …
• Darrell Estes.
• Zeb Fisher, from your family and Donna.
• Estolle Gross, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Diane Condon, from Doug, Courtney, Jalen, Alan, Dad, Mom and all your family.
• Burt Powell, from Elaine Powell.
• Evelyn Johnson, from Old Union Church.
• Rhakalee Whittington Eversole.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Bobby and Judy Newkirk.
• Anthony and Rachel Depoy, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Chris and Amy Dearhart, from friends at the Moravian Church.