Orchids to …
• Kathy C. at at the Bartholomew County Public Library for the help I got looking up some court documents.
• The Republic’s Julie McClure for her assistance in looking up some court information I needed.
• Terry at Walmart for helping me find the floor lamp and the light bulbs to go with it.
• Dave Barker for working tirelessly to move Columbus forward and being a true community hero.
• Thank you to all churches and their members who hosted trunk-or-treat nights for children.
• Everyone who attended the Bartholomew County Public Library first Fall-O-Ween Fest on Monday night, from the library staff.
• the cast and crew of The Laramie Project for an excellent production, reminding us again that hate crimes must be outlawed in Indiana.
• Jack Norton of Right Choice Heating and Air Conditioning.
• Joel Matlock at Matlock Plumbing for all your help on my water heater, from Emily Fowler.
Onions to …
• those who put more energy into gossip and shaming others than they do on being a good person.
• the unprofessional workers at a local restaurant for shouting about a customer loud enough for others in the dining area to hear.
• people who don’t realize if you say a certain group of people with a different ideology aren’t welcome in your town, then you are no better than they are.
• parents who allow their children to go around asking for handouts from strangers.
• the presidential adviser for saying that the Civil War was caused by failure to compromise when it was caused by Southern states seceding from the United States of America and their defense of slavery.
• the elected official who is always posting on social media that he is doing the job he was elected to do.
Happy Birthday to …
• Cameron Shute, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Benji Smith on No. 40 from Ashley, Alex, Benji Jr., and Sobie.
• Barbara Wadsworth, from Dove Ministries.
• June Gilliland on no. 90, from friends at the Moravian church.
• Julie Burbrink.
• John Freeman.
• Silas Sims.
Happy Birthday to …
• to Lindsey Asher, from Dove Ministries.
• Junior, on No. 62 from Sue, Donny Idol, Jacob, Tiffany, Shari, Rodger Sr., Wilma, Rodger Jr., Don, family and friends.