LINCOLN, Neb. — The natural gas explosion that tore apart a Lincoln house has claimed a neighboring home.

The Aug. 14 explosion leveled the home of Jim and Jeanne Jasa. Jeanne Jasa died as a result of the blast, and he was injured. Investigators have said the home had filled with natural gas and the ignition source was inside.

The Lincoln Journal Star reports that contractors last week applied for a city demolition permit to raze the home directly south of the Jasa property. The home sustained heavy damage to its walls, windows and rafters.

Information from: Lincoln Journal Star,

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.