COON RAPIDS, Minn. — Authorities say cocaine use contributed to the carbon monoxide deaths of two young people whose bodies were found in a car in a suburban Minneapolis restaurant parking lot last month.

The Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office on Tuesday said the couple died of carbon monoxide poisoning with recent cocaine use as a “significant condition.” The deaths were ruled accidental.

Coon Rapids police were called to Buffalo Wild Wings on Oct. 5 on a report of two people passed out in a vehicle. Officers arrived and found the bodies of 22-year-old Antonio Perfetti of Ham Lake and 20-year-old Alissa Spah of Andover.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.