Orchids to …
• Kroger pharmacy and technician Shawna for their help in delivering to Fairington Apartments.
• the woman in the Ford Freestar van who bought my breakfast at McDonald’s on Third Street, from the girl in the orange Dodge Charger.
• Chad Miller for the great job fixing my roof.
• Dr. J. Clayton Callaway’s dental office for all your help, from a senior citizen who doesn’t have insurance.
• Lorie Shoaf for being so giving and caring ahead of the holidays.
• the young man at the westside Walmart who helped an 82-year-old woman Oct. 30 with heavy groceries.
• the staff at Columbus Surgery Center for their excellent care.
Onions to …
• those who don’t realize that banning cars and trucks will not stop terrorists because they will pay no attention to bans, and it also hurts everybody else.
• America’s real mental health issue of being gun-crazy.
• elementary girls basketball parent who complained all night about the coach, making the game unenjoyable.
• elementary teachers who use teaching assistants to sharpen pencils instead of working with students.
• the school corporation that pays out a stipend over 26 periods instead of one lump sum.
• officials who called off the game instead of issuing technical fouls and player ejections, unfair to players who were not involved.
• a service-oriented society in which it seems no one knows how to do their job correctly anymore.
Happy Birthday to …
• Dr. Ike Wickstrom from the Reinbolds in Rosstown.
• Roxena “Rocky” Burton from her brothers and sister.
• Hunter Loweth, from family.
• Donna Ostick, from the Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Paul Hardin on No. 76 from Betty, the Maggards and the Fosnights.
• Jerry Webster from Rebecca Robinson.
• Vicky Miller, from Mom, Shawn and the Kirbys.
• Mom, from Zachary, Lyndsay and Weston.
• Robert Moore, from Francis Akers.
• Budro Hooten, from Nanny V.