Multiple businesses and organizations will be honoring veterans and military members with free meals this weekend, including:
- The Yellow Trail Museum, 644 Main St., Hope, will provide free meals to veterans and their guests from 10:20 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday. The soup-and-sandwich meal also includes salad, dessert and drinks.
- Texas Roadhouse, 2508 25th St. in Columbus, will provide a free entree, two side orders and drink from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday to veterans and active-duty military.
- Applebee’s Grill and Bar, 1900 E. 25th St. in Columbus, and 11860 U.S. 31 North in Edinburgh, will offer a free choice of seven entrees to veterans and active-duty military Saturday.
- American Legion Post 233, 500 Memorial Drive in Edinburgh, will host a free Veterans Day dinner at 2 p.m. Sunday. Entertainment will be proved by Steve Jeffris from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, 3660 W. Jonathan Moore Pike in Columbus, is offering a free combo meal coupon to all veterans and active-duty military. The coupon can be redeemed though Nov. 30.
In most cases, those requesting a free meal will be asked to provide proof of military service. This might include a uniform services ID card (current or retired), current leave and earnings statement, veterans organization card, photograph in uniform, citation or commendation.