Orchids to …
• the city garage crew in the Cross Creek neighborhood for picking up trash that fell out of our toter that I knocked over as I was hurrying to take my son to school Monday.
• Shorty’s Restaurant for keeping the hamburger steak on the menu because it’s better than ever.
• Observant Red Lobster waitress who surprised a customer with a birthday dessert without being told.
• the Walmart employee who changed my headlight Monday.
• Messiah Baptist Church for the Veterans Day program it conducted Sunday and how beautiful the church looked, and to the pastor for the awesome sermon he delivered.
• Dr. Mark Hatfield for all the trouble you’ve gone through because we appreciate it, from Ray.
• Albert, a patriot for picking up my breakfast tab at Jill’s, from Don.
• our neighbors Mocha Jo, Mary Ann and Joe Johnson for the visits, cards and delicious desserts from, Loval and Ed.
• Central Heights Church of God for a very successful building fund campaign.
Onions to …
• the 100-plus organizations in Columbus that teach superstitious tripe that leads people to blame imaginary bad guys with pitchforks for the bad things people choose to do.
• those who don’t realize that federal law trumps state law and that there are more problems related to marijuana than benefits.
• bicycle riders who don’t think stop signs, stoplights and one-way streets apply to them, when they do.
• craft show organizers who announce how much each vendor made, making those that made very little feel bad.
• officials for not be able to stop the drug flow into the jail.
• the official who recently attended an autopsy that had no business being there.
• people who can’t see President Trump has done more for this country in one year than Obama did in eight.
• those who blame all their acts of evil or good on imaginary beings because you’re responsible for yourself.
• the company that performed a service for a homeowner after specifically being asked not to until further notice.
• employees who play on their phone and talk all day long.
• globalists who claim that Trump hasn’t done anything for our country because he’s already done plenty, and they’re just blind.
• those for not getting the mail delivered before 5:30 to 6 p.m. because it is not safe for mail carriers to deliver in the dark, and it is not convenient for the people who order mail orders.
• people who bring non-service dogs into grocery stores.
Happy Birthday to …
• Courtney Hegeneier, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Danielle Fields from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Lyndsey Hedrick.
• Elaina Trotter.
• Elizabeth Morgan Tedder.
• Emily Marie Tedder.
• Mike Emmert.
• Bob Henry.
Belated Happy Birthday to …
• Rhonda Harman on Nov. 11, from her friends, Betty, and J.D.