HONOLULU — The former Hawaii private school band director who is accused of sexually assaulting a minor denies all allegations against him, his lawyer said.

Peter Rucci, 61, appeared in court Wednesday and is expected to plead not guilty to all nine sexual-assault counts at his upcoming arraignment, Hawaii News Now reported .

The alleged victim was between the ages of 14 and 16, and he is accused of assaulting that victim in June, according to an indictment filed Wednesday.

Rucci became band director at Damien Memorial School in August. A school spokesperson said no Damien students are involved.

Rucci’s lawyer Victor Bakke said his client hasn’t received any information about the allegations. And on Sunday, Rucci told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser that his arrest “was a complete surprise.”

Rucci was released from jail after posting $150,000 bail.

He began teaching at Honolulu Waldorf School in 2000 and was the school’s orchestra director until earlier this year when he left to go to Damien.

Rucci was also the band director at Le Jardin Academy in Kailua this year, working on the middle school and high school campuses, according to a school newsletter.


Information from: KGMB-TV, http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/