Orchids to …
• the Bartholomew County Public Library for a great veterans display and for having my dad’s name on the wall of honor.
• White River Running Co., which, after watching me walk, brought me several pairs of shoes, the first of which being the most comfortable I have ever worn.
• coach Danny Fisher, a kind man who wants the best for all the kids as athletes and as human beings, for an incredible first year and for being a wonderful role model to the boys, from blessed parents.
• all our downtown community partners that helped make our first Columbus Young Apprentice Project Career Fair a success, from CSA Lincoln students and staff.
• Kidz First Daycare Ministry at First Church of the Nazarene for the Thanksgiving dinner provided for the families of the children attending daycare, from the Lewis family.
• Brian Gilmore with UPS for always taking care of our packages for us, from the Foleys.
• Vera at Old National Bank on 25th Street for helping me with my high math problem.
• Sheriff Matt Myers for opposing the death penalty.
• Loesch’s Heating & Air Conditioning for the quick response repairing our furnace, from the Thompsons.
• the Columbus Christian Preschool class for all the delicious cookies, from Station 3.
• Brenda Carter for spreading Christmas cheer.
• the lady at Walmart with the smartphone Thursday for helping Louise Davis get her pictures, which put a huge smile on her face, from Louise’s thankful sister, Linda.
• Chuck Grimes for the wonderful letter he wrote in the paper about Advocates for Children, which needs volunteers.
• the Bartholomew County Indivisible Immigration Group for holding their educational and moving DACA and the Central American Refuge Crisis event last Saturday evening, and for their efforts to help people understand these issues.
• the sweet people who found the dog that was outside and tried to revive him.
Onions to …
• people who have forgotten that a person is not guilty by accusation and there is no need to condemn someone until the courts prove him or her guilty.
• people who offer hollow prayers for those in need and will not offer their time or treasure.
• anyone who cannot give up one hour of their week to walk the homeless animals at the local shelters in Bartholomew County.
• people who leave their trash cans out in the street or in their front yards for days at a time.
• the school that hires three dads of players to coach a sports team.
• the city of Columbus for contaminated water.
• the owner of the vehicle with the Confederate flag sticker that states its heritage not hate.
• people who mistreat and neglect their innocent animals.
Happy Birthday to …
• John Lee, from your buddy
• Teresa Webster, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.Julie Meredith, from Sheryl, Carole, Eris, Sheila, Valeria, Pat, Debbie, Cindy, Anne, Nancy and Jane.
• Dustin Pruden, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Betty Bush, from OES.
• Don Harris.
• Zachary Burke.
• Todd Bolinger.
• Emili Edwards on No. 16, from Mom, Grandma, Grandpa, Brianna and Zoe.
• Paul Zeigler, from friends and neighbors.
Happy Birthday to …
• Larry Turner, from Susi, Roger, Kristen, Tyler and Lorene.
• Vina Lee, from Wayne, Patty, Sarah, Ronnie, Paige, Matt, Lisa, Katie and Ethan.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Kennith and Vera Merideth, from son, Mark.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning