BRAINTREE, Mass. — Authorities say one man has died in a late-night house fire in Braintree that was likely caused by a space heater.
Firefighters responding to the home at about 11 p.m. Sunday found heavy smoke coming from the one-floor house.
Fire Chief James O’Brien tells The Patriot-Ledger an older man and his wife who uses a wheelchair escaped, but their son, 46-year-old Colin Gray Jr., was found dead in his bedroom where he was likely sleeping when the blaze broke out.
The body was found after firefighters had brought the fire under control.
The cause remains under investigation, but O’Brien says a space heater is likely to blame.