Orchids to …
• Jason Johnson and the Community Church of Columbus youth group, thank you for your time and help with my leaves — your work is a blessing to me.
• Turning Point volunteers for helping with the year-end mailing last week.
• the Columbus street crew for the awesome job they did with the leaves on McKinley Avenue.
• the members of Sixth Street General Baptist Church, thanks for helping me get my car going in the cold.
• Jess Whittington, thank you for replacing my mailbox so quickly, from Karen Kresovsky.
• to Doug Showalter for your columns that always made me laugh, from Kim.
• Mike Burchyett, for being an excellent Realtor and your continued help to your buyers after the sale has closed.
• Cheri Stone at United Way for all of your assistance with helping me through my new home purchase, from Kristina Hargitt.
Onions to …
• the pharmacy that automatically refills medicines weeks before they are due to be refilled.
• rampant incompetence in the workplace that makes me wonder if anyone really knows how to do their jobs anymore.
• enforcement that allows a person to park all day long every day on Washington Street on the yellow curb.
Happy Birthday to …
• Catherine Grott, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Stephanie Akers, from your mother, your dad and all of your brothers and sisters.
• Keegan Fox on No. 21, from Mom, Dad, Grayson, Jackson and Lila.
• Dave Rosenberger from your family and Donna
• Nolan Prather, from friends at the Moravian Church
• Austin Steenbarger from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Ethan Wiwi, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Pat Tharp, from Mary and Elsie.
• Bill Sproessig.
• Henry Nobbe.
• David Emmert.
• Chelsea Bragg.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Scott and Joann Poffenberger.