Orchids to …
• Dr. Theodora Saddoris from Dawn, a grateful patient who can’t thank you enough for the many ways you impact the lives of your group of patients that we know require additional time and patience.
• Harrison Lake Country Club for the fabulous job hosting our rehearsal dinner and farewell brunch.
• Carla Janikowski for returning my call and the tip, from Sandy.
• the women of the Flower Lane Garden Club for providing fresh flowers, vases and decorations, and inviting residents of the Villas Apartments to make and take home beautiful flower arrangements.
• local businesses that declare solidarity and support for our LGBT neighbors.
• the local businesses that make it understood that all are welcome by displaying LGBT safe zone signs.
• the Republic for the great coverage of the East football team and its run for the state championship.
• volunteers for helping make goody bags and luminaries, from Garland Brook Cemetery.
• the employees and the customer at Bar-Cons Federal Credit Union on Nov. 30 for helping me pick up my change that fell all over the floor.
Onions to …
• anyone who supports an administration that tweets videos that are false and rebuked worldwide.
• the absurd claim that straight Christians might not be safe in Columbus simply because a local business declared itself an LGBT Safe Zone.
• people responsible for installation of more drains going into the Sloan Branch from Rocky Ford Road and opening the bridge up more, which increases the flooding risk for residents between Rocky Ford and Tally roads.
• clueless drivers who stop exactly where the railway crossing gates will come down when a train is approaching.
Happy Birthday to …
• Faye Groves from your family and Donna.
• Jay Ingram from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Jeri Goecker, from Bob, Kim, Tina and all your friends and family.
• John Glasson, from Aunt Elsie.
• Chad Schuette, from Aunt Elsie.
• Isabella Boston from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Randy Clark from his brother, Roger and the rest of the family.
• Pat Hampton from Sandy and Lily.
• Jacqueline Martin, with love from Mom and Dad and the rest of your family.
• Teresa Burton.
Belated Happy Birthday to …
• Gary Powers on Nov. 29, from Dove Ministries.
• Mark Blair.
• Corey and RDT.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Monte and Judy Gilliand, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Pastor Lewis and Hettie Burton.
• Glynn and Rhonda Sue Graham.
Belated Happy Anniversary to …
• Gary and Brenda Powers on Nov. 29, from Dove Ministries.