Orchids to …
• Dawn Mayes for finding and returning my banking card left in a Walesboro ATM last Saturday.
• the house in the 1600 block of Cottage Avenue that still has its Halloween decorations on the porch, from a fan of Halloween.
• the Indiana secretary of state, who knows a moron when he sees one.
• John Green, assistant principal at Columbus North High School, for his prompt and thorough response to a community member.
• Walmart customer-service department, which was nice and helpful when I inquired about my missing cane.
• the special women at Tower 4 of Columbus Regional Hospital for their wonderful care, from Roxanne.
• to the mailman on North Flintwood Drive for assisting after a fall.
• Bonnie Rogers for bowling a 245 game and 581 series, from your sponsor.
• Kendall Scott for the many ways you impacted my life and the other clients in your group.
• the guys from Johnny on the Spot Carpet Cleaning for doing a fantastic job on my carpets and steps Wednesday morning.
• the letter published Friday from Jewel Fleetwood.
• Rotary Club of Columbus, marking its 93rd anniversary, for all the good work you do in our community and in our world.
• Shane at Lowe’s for going above and beyond in helping me with a patio-door handle.
Onions to …
• all those who do not realize that sanctuary cities protect felons.
• people who don’t realize that values today can’t be compared with the values from another era.
• thrift stores that will no longer be taking personal checks after Jan. 1, which will hurt senior citizens.
• the nonprofit organization administrator and management for not realizing true dedicated workers when they have.
Happy Birthday to …
• Roger Williams, from Marilyn and Donna.
• Darlene Burton, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Albert Taylor, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Jon Hoover.
• Noah Miller.
• Bryce Joseph Harker.
• Becca Hunnicut.
• Belated happy birthday to …
• Josh Burnett.