A chimney fire caused about $40,000 in damage to a Taylorsville home.

The fire in the 4200 block of County Road 800N was reported at 7:11 p.m. Saturday, German Township volunteer firefighters said. They responded to the fire scene along with the Clifford Volunteer Fire Department, the Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Department and a Columbus Regional Hospital ambulance.

A fire that started in the chimney of the home went into the walls, firefighters said. It took about 40 minutes to get the fire under control.

German Township and Clifford Township volunteer firefighters work at a chimney fire in Taylorsville Saturday night. Photo provided
German Township and Clifford Township volunteer firefighters work at a chimney fire in Taylorsville Saturday night.
Photo provided

No injuries to the home’s occupants or firefighters were reported.

 

Author photo
Julie McClure is assistant managing editor of The Republic. She can be reached at jmcclure@therepublic.com or (812) 379-5631.