Local man treated in Greenwood for carbon monoxide poisoning

GREENWOOD — Three people were taken to the hospital to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after being found unconscious in a Greenwood home where they had been working.

Two men told police that when they showed up to a home in the 100 block of Pine Crest Drive around 3:40 p.m. Wednesday they saw that a generator was running inside. The doors and windows were closed and three people were lying on the floor, a Greenwood Police Department report said.

The men opened the windows and attempted to wake up the three people inside, the report said.

Two men, Scott Horan, 37, of Greenwood, and Chris Lovelace, 29, of Columbus, were taken to Community Hospital South to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning. They were treated and expected to make a full recovery, the report said.

The third person, a 16-year-old boy police did not identify, was taken to Franciscan Health Indianapolis and was later flown to a hospital in Fort Wayne, the report said.

For more on this story, see Friday’s Republic.