Orchids to …
• Kenneth Whipker for his actions, from John Tinkey.
• Kristen Brown for presenting the facts and for explaining with data how the local tax increases starting in January are unnecessary and unreasonable.
• Hartsville Fire Department for the best Santa breakfast, something we can’t wait to come to each year, and for being amazing with our children.
• the residents displaying all the Christmas lights at the apartment complex off of U.S. 31 in Taylorsville.
• Speck’s Pet Supply for the great staff and for letting non-profits keep 100 percent of the proceeds earned during special events.
• the men and women who speak up and denounce sexual harassment in all areas of our society.
• the person or people who started the coalition, Not In Columbus, because we need to stamp out hate in our community.
• Jon at Lowe’s in the appliance department for his great customer service.
• all the guys from Community Church of Columbus who cleaned my gutters last Friday, from Judy.
• Connie Schaefer, Tim Schaefer and the person who delivered my paper outside my garage door.
• my husband, Daniel Garvey, for letting me purchase a painting from a local artist here in Edinburgh, from your wife, Rita.
• Randy Tucker, from Sue.
Happy Birthday to …
• Shyanne McInteer, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Angel Link.
• Martha McGaha.
• Chloe Raelynn on No. 9, with love from Mamaw Jen, Uncle Jacob, Mamaw Nina, Dorothy and Papaw Bob.