Orchids to …
• Dr. Gregory Phillips and staff for sending me a sympathy card on my mother’s passing, especially since I had to cancel my appointment at the last minute, from Patty.
• Kristen Brown and supporters for continually enduring the slings and arrows.
• Love Chapel and the many volunteers, gracious donors and clients for a wonderful Christmas Pantry and to Kim for our host facility.
• the person who found my keys in the parking lot at the east-side Walmart and turned them in to customer service, from a grateful lady.
• Bartholomew County Solid Waste staff for all your hard work, from management.
• Officer Austin Bailey of the Edinburgh Police Department and the rescue team from Edinburgh for the quick response to the elderly woman who fell out of her seat at Edinburgh Separate Baptist Church, from Bill Burton and the church.
• all those who helped with the exciting Unified game at Columbus North, which was a great victory for all.
• the couple who returned my purse intact after finding it at Kroger.
• Loesch’s Heating and Cooling Company for its rapid response to a furnace failure Wednesday and for their excellent service.
• the beautiful Christmas lights in St. Louis Crossing that brighten my day every morning.
• Alex Bell, the best newspaper carrier we’ve ever had, who will be dearly missed by the residents of Washington Park.
• Hawcreek-Flatrock Endowment Fund for funding reading reward field trips, from Hope Elementary third and fourth graders.
• Officer Dodge for perseverance and patience in helping a stranded elderly woman and her granddaughter Thursday.
• Barbara Cummings for being a wonderful friend who helped me copy all the pictures for my sister-in-law, from Sheila Allen.
• the friendly female employee at the Sandwich Shop, where the food was delicious.
• to Kathy Burnett for all that you do for us, from your friends at The Republic.
Onions to …
• the grumpy man who attends meetings to complain.
• the small group of go-along-to-get-along yea-sayers for their slings and arrows.
• the elected official who put trains, the riverfront and State Street at the top of the agenda when the focus should be on stopping the flooding of Eastridge Manor from Sloan Branch.
• the Grinch who denied us of our family tradition by stealing an out-of-country package from my 85-year-old mother’s front porch, a package that has been expected every year since 1981.
• neighbors who are so nosy they even ask where your car is at when you’re having it worked on.
Happy Birthday to …
• David Harmon.
• Laura Herrmann, from the Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Dave Harmon, from your family and Donna.
• Lori Wells, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jessica Gates Morrow, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Lola Ann Thompson.
• Julia Miller.
• Brian Shaw.
• Sandra Harrison, from Aunt Cleo.
• Donna Trowbridge, from Cindy, Joe, Sidney and Trace.
• Piper Hinds on No. 5, from Great-Grandma Hagerty and all your family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Sean and Rebecca Eberhart, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning