Orchids to …
• The innocent little girl who demonstrated how to make a snow angel for a former neighbor — first on her back, then face first.
• Garden of Grace Gift Shop on Cottage Avenue for being here in Columbus — I always feel blessed every time I go there, from Jeanette.
• Bob Poynter Hyundai for getting my Veloster radio to work again.
• the players and staff from the Columbus North and Columbus East high schools’ Unified basketball teams for playing during the halftime of the girls’ game Thursday evening at North and providing a great example of acceptance, inclusiveness and what sport can be.
• the woman in Carson’s who saved me $18 by helping me load the Carson’s app on my phone.
• Jack from The Parts House for the delicious chicken dinner, from all the volunteers.
• Columbus Regional Hospital and the nursing staff on the fourth floor for the astonishing level of care I received when I was patient there, from Suzanne.
• Nita Evans for her wonderful article in Saturday’s Republic, from Judy.
• the Kelly family for the candy and homemade bread, from the crossing guards at Richards Elementary School.
• everyone who helped to organize the Christmas dinner for Presidential Park North.
• the woman at McDonald’s on Third Street who bought my breakfast Saturday morning.
• Larry Perkinson for paying for my lunch, from Bill.
Happy Birthday to …
• Little Jimmy Weddle.
• Tony Beach, from Phil, Leta, Joyce and Donna.
• Cheryl Henry, from Aunt Elsie.
• Shannon Dailey.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning