Donate supplies, food for homeless

You can help the homeless during the holidays with the help of the Columbus Homeless Independence and Resiliency Program, commonly called CHIRP.

Agency leaders say people without permanent addresses sometimes struggle to get help. The CHIRP agency helps the less fortunate and the homeless in Bartholomew County in a variety of ways.

CHIRP currently needs camping supplies, food for the homeless or less fortunate, and funds to help purchase other supplies to protect transient residents against the cold. All donations are tax deductible.

Information and donations: or 812-350-2961.

Author photo
Brian Blair is a reporter for The Republic. He can be reached at or 812-379-5672.