Orchids to …
• Cecil Crouch for helping a disabled person.
• Larry Jackson for his excellent letter putting a much-needed common-sense perspective to all the anti neo-Nazi hype and rhetoric, from Bob Valek.
• McCord Plumbing for their prompt, dependable and courteous service.
• our neighbors, Jordan and Grayson, for the delicious Christmas goodies, from JoAnne and Dennis.
• Larry Jackson for his letter regarding groups playing into the hands of neo-Nazis because it provides a great interpretation of what’s going on.
• the good Samaritan who returned my purse to the Dollar Tree when they found it in the parking lot in a cart.
• members of the Apostolic Tabernacle for helping a disabled person.
• Annie, Stewart and the mechanics at Ray’s Automotive for looking at my car on such short notice Friday afternoon and for an excellent job in completing the necessary repairs.
• Larry Jackson for his letter to the editor asking community leaders and the mayor to ignore the handful of neo-Nazis like the rest of us are.
• Tammy Frownfelter of Miracles beauty salon for above and beyond commitment to her clients.
• the carolers from the Hope Moravian Church and the bag of goodies on Friday evening, from Elsie.
• the honest lady at the east side Walmart who turned in the bank envelope with $250 cash in it on Friday afternoon.
• the couple who bought us our supper Friday night at Bob Evans restaurant.
• Ted and Sharon Dorsche for the Christmas money that was so desperately needed, from Barbara Purtlebaugh.
• the secret Santa for paying for our dinner at Texas Roadhouse on Friday evening, from Colene and Doyle.
• courageous people who are willing to publicly stand up and speak out against bullies.
• Larry Jackson for his letter to the editor Friday and his perfect explanation of the issues with the small group of despicable white supremacists.
Happy Birthday to …
• Randy Wampler.
• Josh Burton.
• Guiann Conover.
• Nikki Burton, from Aunt B, Paul, Darlene and Donna.
• Nick Marlin, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Mary Massey, from your family and friends.
• Jo Linda Whitlock, with love from your mom and dad.
Happy Birthday on Dec. 25 to …
• Margaret Briddle.
• Larry Mayfield, from Bob, Jeri, Linda and the rest of your family.
• Cameron Key, our Christmas gal, from Mom, Dad, Grammie, Grandpa, Thomas and Monkey.
• Kermet Merl Key.
• Judy Cecil, from your loving husband, Stephen Cecil.
• Leah Brouse, from Adam, Claire, Noah, Mom, Dad and all your family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• John and Dorothy Holwager on No. 30, from friends.
• Becky and Marc Johnson on No. 40, from everyone in the Johnson, Maschino and Allman families
• ANOTHER beautiful morning