CATAWBA, N.C. — Investigators say a space heater appeared to be the cause of a fire that killed a 69-year-old man in his North Carolina home.

Authorities say Bobby Finley dies around 5 p.m. Saturday in his single wide mobile home in Catawba County.

Deputies told media outlets they are helping firefighters investigate the cause of the blaze, and say it appears to have started near a space heater.

No one else was injured in the fire.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.