SPARKS, Nev. — The residents of 10 apartments in Sparks have been evacuated after a maintenance crew sparked a fire at a complex on the edge of Reno.

KTVN-TV reports the fire broke out at about noon Tuesday at the Lansdowne House apartments on Sullivan Lane.

Investigators say crews were welding inside an apartment when the fire started.

No one was hurt.

The surrounding apartments were evacuated as a precaution.

The Red Cross is helping the affected residents.


Information from: KTVN-TV, http://www.ktvn.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.