Orchids to …
• Vic Thompson of Thompson’s Furniture, for making Brady’s day by letting him check out the garage door, from Eryn.
• the Red Lobster manager, for the beautiful poinsettia and the tip on using ice cubes to water it.
• Laura Parker, for your consistent dedication in your 30-pound weight loss in nine weeks, from Scott Parker.
• Chuck Barr at Columbus Regional Hospital, for your caring attitude and quick action, from Lisa and Rick Hill.
• Tony Shipley at Columbus Regional Hospital ER, for the friendly face and calm professionalism on Wednesday, from Lisa and Rick Hill.
• Jordan, a registered nurse at Columbus Regional Hospital Cancer Center, for the birthday cupcake and singing to me while having chemo on my birthday, from Cindy Jines.
• the Republicans in Congress for repealing the Obamacare mandate (tax) on private citizens and passing tax reform that will boost the economic resurgence that began last year.
• the Columbus Fire Department for all its help, from a disabled person.
• Roger, who helped me with my flat tire on Central Avenue and gave me a ride to the car rental place, from Angie.
• the Kroger floral department for the great custom-designed arrangement.
• the person urging children to stay off a frozen pond, avoiding possible tragedy.
• whoever is responsible for the beautiful tree lighting along the streets downtown.
• Cheryl Miles-Vieth, for your letter to the editor, because I agree.
• the kind and professional police officers who came to the aid of the frantic elderly woman.
Onions to …
• people who still haven’t figured out flu shots are worthless.
• those for the proposed landlord property registration and fee when property ownership is already a matter of public record.
• those who always find a way to turn the smallest of problems into a full-blown crisis.
• people who cut down bushes, trees and other natural habitats that are homes for cardinals and other songbirds who depend on these for their very survival.
• those for all the global warming onions and political leader statements.
• the person who cussed out and thought it was funny to harass someone trying to help a person whose car was broken down on the side of the road.
• those who can’t give a rest to the lowering-taxes-raises-tax-revenue as a fact.
• those responsible for the new ugly street lights on State Street.
• those wanting to spend millions on city beautification, the riverfront and 46 overpass and doing nothing about the citizens in the Eastridge Manor being flooded by the Sloan Branch.
Happy Birthday to …
• Deana Perry, from your family and Donna.
• Deanna Kurtz, from your family and Donna.
• Larry Lucas, from Brenda, your family and Donna.
• Imogene Weisner, from the Joseph Hart chapter of the DAR.
• Michelle Wager, from Caitlin, Zachary, Nathan and Mom and Dad Beeker.
• Flo Whited.
• Tommy Curd, from Pappaw Mark and Mammaw Kim, Grandma Jean and Grandma Joan.
• Abigail Dickey, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jean Weisner, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Julia Glick.
• Anita Crull.
• Mary Jo Hermon.
• Abby Hunnicutt.
Belated Happy Birthday to …
• Darlene Bryant on Jan. 2.
• Pat Taylor on Jan. 2.
• Randy McGaha on Jan. 2.
• Earl Jasper on Jan. 3.
Belated Happy Anniversary to …
• Billy and Lori Bryant on Jan. 1.