Orchids to …
• Donna Mellencamp for stopping and checking on everyone involved in the car accident on New Year’s Eve., from Jack and Rhonda St. Clair.
• Terry Whittaker for his thoughtful response to the person who criticized the Not In Columbus meeting.
• the family on Hawcreek for the beautiful Christmas lights in the tree that took a lot of work to put up around their house.
• the family on State Road 11 for the beautiful lights in their window, the red trim around their window and the beautiful small red Christmas tree inside the window.
• Kris at Jackson County Bank in West Hill for the help in setting up my debit card valet.
• Terry Whittaker for his letter to the editor, from someone who agrees that the residents of Columbus need to pay attention and stand up against white supremacy.
• the mail carriers, police, ambulance drivers, sanitation workers, plumbers and firemen for working hard and being out in all this cold weather and bad roads, from a grateful resident.
• Bob Poynter for the friendly service and for putting air in my tires Thursday, from Bert.
• the global-warming crowd for the overwhelming job of cooling off the country and sending snow to Florida.
• Beck at Southern Indiana Heart and Vascular for extra service.
Onions to …
• the city administration for another needless law and growing government reach just to flex their muscles and power-trip.
• large trucks/semis that travel in the middle of County Road 250E 10 to 15 miles below the speed limit because road is narrow to avoid the roundabout to go to industrial park.
• the city for not replacing a neighborhood crime watch sign at 11th Street and Central Avenue.
Happy Birthday to …
• Terry Johnson, from your family and Donna.
• Xavier Drysdale, from Dad, Mom, Kambry and all your family.
• James Risley, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Vance Hege, from his mother.
• Anita Turner, from Elsie.
• Rob Caldwell.
• Sarah McFarland, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Michael Prather, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Molly Richards, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Kathy Moron, from John, Linda, Mike and Jay.