Orchids to …
• the person who turned in my lost wallet from the Lowe’s parking lot Saturday evening, from a grateful owner.
• The Republic for calling out the local politician for trying to limit constitutionally guaranteed free speech he doesn’t agree with.
• Andy and Dillon from Lowe’s for the smooth delivery of my refrigerator, from Margaret.
• the president and Congress for passing laws that have made black unemployment the lowest in history.
• the two women working at the Sam’s Club Restaurant at lunch time Friday for being warm and “sunny” while the weather was so nasty.
• the Hope town marshal and his wife, who took time to help shovel snow from the museum walk — thanks, Matt and Tabitha, from Barb Johnson.
• Columbus Regional Hospital Dr. Jennifer Hoskins for the listening, caring and the great treatment.
• the Duke Energy worker who responded quickly to an outage Friday, getting our electric back so efficiently.
• Jerry Adkins for the much-appreciated snow removal, from Fran Simmermaker.
• the three thoughtful and helpful men who helped me when I was stuck in the ice and pushed me free.
• our president of the United States for speaking up for what’s right.
• Tommy Ferguson, head chef and sommelier at The Brick, for continued great customer service Saturday.
• the 22nd Street neighbor for clearing all the sidewalks.
• Roth Heating and Cooling for excellent service, from the Vances.
Onions to …
• the insanity of everyone calling everybody out for anything and everything.
• the neighbors who watched us clean their drive and didn’t even say thank you.
• those who don’t believe that President Trump is giving our country a bad name.
• the business that ran out of salt and left walkways a sheet of ice, and for not clearing the employee parking lot, leaving us to walk through snow and ice.
• the government for sending our tax dollars to Palestine.
Happy Birthday to …
• Pastor Lewis Burton, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Dwain East from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Cindy Grider, love Abby.
• Terri McFarland, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jenny Wallace, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Joshua Bean.
• Chad Stone.
• Ezra Bailey.
• Sharon Snyder, from the St. Clairs, Comptons, Fleetwoods and Randy.
• Happy Belated Birthday …
• Peyton Whisler on Jan. 15, love, your family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Katrina Fleetwood on No. 52, from Wayne.
• Wayne and Katrina Fleetwood, from Kris, Jamie and Jayce Jones.