NASHUA, N.H. — Firefighters in New Hampshire have rescued two people trapped in a windowless bathroom during a house fire.

Firefighters in Nashua say they stayed in phone contact with the residents on Tuesday night. Several companies worked together to find the man and woman inside. Both were treated by an ambulance crew and taken to a hospital, where they were listed in satisfactory condition.

Firefighters said the bulk of the fire was extinguished within 40 minutes, but another hour was spent putting out multiple hot spots in many concealed spaces in the building’s framing.

About 10 people were displaced.

Firefighters have not determined the cause of the fire yet.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.