Fire damaged Edinburgh home

By Jacob Tellers | Daily Journal

A Thursday morning fire damaged an Edinburgh house, but residents home at the time were not hurt.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 600 block of South Eisenhower Drive at 8:10 a.m. Thursday, Edinburgh Fire Chief Allen Smith said.

Two residents who were home at the time called 911 after seeing smoke and were not injured, he said.

The fire, which originated in the attic as a result of electrical issues, got into the insulation and rafters of the house, causing about $20,000 in damage, Smith said.

“The wires were burnt from the front to the back of the house,” he said.

Firefighters spent about 20 minutes extinguishing the fire and were at the scene for about an hour-and-a-half, Smith said.