ALBURGH, Vt. — Fire officials say about 200 students at a Vermont school have been evacuated after a possible gas leak.

WPTZ-TV reports the fire department said the leak was reported Monday morning at the Alburgh Community Educational Center. The school has students in kindergarten through eighth grade. They were taken to North Hero School.

A smell of propane was reported around the village.

Crews are working to determine the source of the possible leak.


Information from: WPTZ-TV, http://www.thechamplainchannel.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.