Orchids to …
• Columbus Free Methodist Church for a wonderful first Sunday dinner and service.
• the Rev. Paul Castle for a wonderful service on Sunday.
• the West family for being good to a disabled person.
• Rick Moss, thank you for all the goodies.
• people who support the proposed landlord registration ordinance, because it’s not too much to ask of the landlords.
• Ronald and Carolyn Pruitt for inviting us to church.
• Pastor Marvin Mitchell for the tour of the sanctuary and for pushing me in the wheelchair so that I could go, from Frieda Richardson.
• the Eagles for deflating the Patriots and winning their first Super Bowl.
• Danny Sanders for hauling away the shower doors, from Peggy Dunlevy.
• Andy from Certified Appliance and Repair Co. for coming to put the new timer on my dryer on your day off, from Reba Kimmell.
Onions to …
• agencies responsible for not citing the owner of a large dog to run freely in the downtown area without a leash.
• parents of little kids who don’t make them wear a coat, hat or gloves in freezing weather when boarding the school bus every day on the east side.
• impatient drivers who have nothing better to do than complain about city traffic lights.
• the company that permits managers to pay employees for vacation time whether they want it or not.
• individuals and groups who smear people with the label of hate when they simply disagree with them.
• anyone who supports players who won’t stand for the national anthem.
• the city for allowing people to pile trash in their yards and on their porches.
• restaurant managers who spend time on their cellphone instead of waiting on customers.
• people who don’t clean up after their dogs at Donner Park and the cemetery.
• people who pull out in front of you and then turn on their left-turn light to make you stop.
Happy Birthday to …
• Ray Elliott, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Owen Talkington on No. 4, Mamaw and Papaw Simmons.
• Allie Cherry from Lisa Hammack.
• Beth Shafer, from Dad, Mom, Grandma Jean, Grandma Joan and Uncle George.
Belated Happy Birthday to …
• Suzie Elliott Norman, from all her Bartholomew County friends.