PUEBLO, Colo. — Investigators say a fatal house fire in southern Colorado was accidentally caused.

Pueblo Fire Department spokesman Erik Duran says the Jan. 30 blaze that killed 55-year-old Vickie Failing was caused by “smoking materials.”

Fire Chief Shawn Shelton told The Pueblo Chieftain the home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. He says a dog was rescued, and Failing was found dead in the living room.

No other information was released.


Information from: The Pueblo Chieftain, http://www.chieftain.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.