ABERDEEN, S.D. — A weekend fire extensively damaged a laundry business in Aberdeen.

The American News reports that State Street Laundromat and Pub is closed until repairs can be completed.

Fire Marshall Mike Thompson says the Sunday afternoon fire originated in a dryer, though the specific cause isn’t known. He says a connection then failed on a gas line and the fire because a gas-fed blaze.

No one was hurt, and there was no damage to neighboring properties.


Information from: Aberdeen American News, http://www.aberdeennews.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.