Orchids to …
• anyone willing to kneel during the national anthem to protest injustice toward minorities.
• helpful and friendly employees at the county clerk’s office
• Scott and Barbara McKain for all the items you brought me since my surgery, from Aunt Estella Brooks.
• Ernest at the National Road McDonald’s for being pleasant and kind and fun to talk to.
• Sharon of the Columbus Call-a-BUS for going out of her way to help a disabled person.
• Randy Clark of Call-a-BUS for finding a pair of gloves and returning them, from a disabled person.
Onions to …
• whomever is flying the drone around Columbus East High School every morning.
• the local elementary school for not having enough heat in the hallways and nodules where students wait in the morning and work throughout the day.
• people placing daily unsolicited annoying phone calls even though I’m on both the state and federal do-not-call lists.
• the president, for calling people who do not clap for him traitors.
• those wanting open borders and chain migration when we can’t even take care of our 670,000 homeless Americans, 46.2 million living in poverty, and 48 million going hungry every night.
• the legislator who encourages Americans to be angry over a drunk-driving illegal alien, but doesn’t express the same outrage over American citizens who drive drunk and doesn’t believe in gun control when Americans commit mass shootings.
• new mothers who give birth to addicted babies, and should be arrested as soon as they give birth.
• people who act like they have a degree in emergency medicine and can make comments on how you should have been treated by your doctor.
Happy Birthday to …
• Logan Cline, from your family and Donna.
• Jeanie Wheeler, from your family and Donna.
• Ken Holt, from Bob, Jeri, Bonnie and Kassie.
• Julia Suzanne, from Dad and Mom.
• Gabriel Schoettmer, from Dad, Mom, Grandma Joan, Grandma Jean and Uncle George.
• Kali Schwering on No. 6, from Mama and Daddy, Koby, Kinsey, and Nanny and Pappy Schwering.
• Luretta Clark, from Judy Williamson.
• Zoe Fleetwood on No. 6 from Cody and Emily, Matt and Tina, Bill and Paula, Jack and Rhonda, Randy and Sharon.
• Luretta Clark, from Wanda.
• Patsy Hitch Battin, from Jayson, Brandon, Rylan, Kyler, Kamryn, Mom and Dad Hitch, Betty, Kirt, Marilyn, John, Penny, Charlie, Donny, Sammy, Sisko, Don, and all the rest of your family and friends.
• Ambra Burns, from Isabella, Joe, Mommy, Ashley, JC, Orie, Garett, Lyla, Mamaw and Pampaw Vannice, Royce, Taylor, Grammy and Paps Hitch, Marilyn, John, Patsy, Penny, Charlie, Donny, Sammy and all the rest of your family and friends.
• Luretta Garrison Clark, from Kathy Likens Darnell and family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• JD and Jeanette Freeman on No. 59, from the Kirbys, Rogers, Cassidy, Higgon, Millers, and Brooks.
• Majorie and Howard Carte on No. 65, from your family.