WALPOLE, N.H. — New Hampshire fire officials have identified an 18-year-old man who died in a house fire in the town of Walpole.

State Fire Marshal William Degnan says an autopsy shows Daniel Underhill died of smoke inhalation, and he manner of death was accidental.

The fire happened early Monday.

A second person at the home was taken to a hospital for minor injuries.

Fire officials haven’t said what may have caused the fire. They are still investigating.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.