Orchids to …
• Nike Foles and his Eagles team members for accepting their victory with humility and giving credit to the Lord for his ability, from Bob Valek.
• the good Samaritan and the first responders who stopped to assist me with my flat tire, from the lady in the blue Sonata.
• Angie at Bob Poynter for going above and beyond in replacing my defective seat belt, from Julie Hockersmith.
• the wonderful folks who plan, prepare and deliver the Meals on Wheels program -– what a blessing you are.
• Darrell Kendrick for snow removal, from a neighbor.
• thanks to Dr. Loescher and the nurses and staff of Columbus Regional Hospital’s sixth floor tower for all you did.
• Larry Jackson and Mike Zieles for their excellent letters to the editor.
• the young man riding his bicycle in 30-degree weather down California Street who stopped and helped scrape my car windows and then shoveled my sidewalk.
Onions to …
• customers who knowingly pay their bills late and think there is nothing wrong with it.
• people who have yet to take down their Christmas lights.
• those who think deficits only matter when Democrats are in charge.
• those who disrespect the United States flag verbally or through actions or support others who do so.
• all the non-believers who don’t believe the universe is abundant with life.
• clueless drivers who can’t be bothered to take 10 seconds to clear the snow covering their rear windows.
Happy Birthday to …
• Victor Sandefur, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Betty Holder, from your family and Donna.
• Lisa Cosby, from Grandma Norma.
• Judith Freeman, from Wanda.
• Danette Brewer, love, from your family.
• Happy Belated Birthday …
• Julie Greene, from Grandma Judy.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Rick and Jane Bush, from Aunt Sue.