Orchids to …
• Columbus Regional Hospital outpatient surgery team (Jason, Lisa, Ashley, Erica, Ferrell and Gisele) for giving me a comforting and pleasant experience during my first surgery and for calming me when I was most frightened, from the girl with the braid.
• the reception staff at Columbus Optical for being so friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, from a longtime patient.
• the amazing and deeply committed volunteers who organize one of my favorite yearly events, Empty Bowls, congratulations on 20 years of dedicated and successful fundraising.
• Dr. Saddoris for the letter to the editor appealing to proper housing for people in need of treatment and compassion for their substance disorder.
• Larry Jackson and Mike Zieles for their well-documented letters about our country, from Bob Valek.
• Our bus driver, Barry, for all you do.
• Dr. Theodora Saddoris for your dedication to helping with the recovery of people fighting addictions.
• the Owsley family for keeping on.
Onions to …
• the president for suggesting a military parade — no reason to justify it and way too many reasons to oppose it.
• the politicians for politicizing the unfortunate tragedy in which an Uber driver and a Colts player were killed.
• Republicans for making Democrats look like the fiscal conservatives.
• those who decried increases in federal spending under the former president, but applaud the increase in federal spending under the current one.
• the city officials trying to steamroll an $8.6 million Riverfront project when we have a building sitting downtown that is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Happy Birthday to …
• Starr Reitzel from Bethel Baptist Church and friends.
• Karen Cole from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• Diane Bringman, from JoAnne.
• Allison White.
• Terri Hurd, from Dad and Mom.
• Anisha Vuligonda from Mrs. Erickson.
• John Shafer, from Darrell and Kathy Scrogham.
• Cecil Workman, from Linda.
• John Shafer, from Tony and Leigh Hall.