Orchids to …
• the A1 Medicab Service in Seymour for their tremendous job Monday.
• Taylor at the Bartholomew County Voter Registration Office for trying to get answers for me, from Patricia Walkos.
• Bailey at the East side Walmart bakery for her help last week by stepping from behind the counter to assist me in my selection, from Patricia Walkos.
• Columbus East Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) for the lovely meal Monday at the Hope Moravian Church.
• The Republic for Around Town, which gives a voice to the voiceless and effects change for good.
• Chris and the CVS nurse practitioner for their quick thinking that saved my life Feb. 3, from a thankful woman
• Columbus Regional Hospital emergency room and sixth floor nurses who took good care of me on Feb. 3.
• the woman at Save-A-Lot grocery store who paid for the groceries of a complete stranger and for the fun conversation we had about aging while waiting in line.
• The Republic columnist Larry Isbell on his inspirational thoughts Saturday on Lent.
• Columbus North, Columbus East and Columbus Signature Academy — New Tech staff and students for wearing purple for Teen Dating Violence and Prevention Day.
Onions to …
• state legislators trying to attract workers with ineffective tax incentives that get matched by other states and reduce tax revenue needed for infrastructure and schools.
• people who don’t realize that a 1950s Republican president raised the Federal gas tax 100 percent to pay for infrastructure.
• the vice president who did not stand for the unified Korean team, yet criticizes others for exercising their same right to free speech.
• the boss that can’t seem to understand that being the boss comes first, not personal relationships.
Happy Birthday to …
• Emily Nolting, from Bethel Baptist Church and friends.
• Kristen Monson and Rhonda Sue Graham, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Marilyn Cabbell, from your family and Donna.
• and happy Valentine’s Day to David Kirts, from Amanda Smith.
• my wife, Debbie, from Roger.
• and Valentine’s Day to Dawn Mayes from Mom, Gary, Chris, Annie and Sammy and Puss Puss.
• Michael Morrow, from Dad, Mom and Daniel.
• Danette Brewer, from your family.
• Jana Burbrink.
• Jane Keller, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Kara Perkins, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Pam Emmert, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Belated Happy Birthday to…
• Marjorie Hull, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Sonna Rayburn, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Glynn and Rhonda Sue Graham, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Dana and Caroline Stickans on No. 37, from Mom and Jane.
• Debbie on our 42nd anniversary today, from Roger.
• Richard and Joann Keller, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• John and Susan Ziegler, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• John and Mary Reed, from friends at the Moravian Church.