Orchids to …
• Shauna at the west-side Walmart for all of her assistance in getting the cans needed for CANstruction.
• Robert Campbell for an excellent and honest letter in the paper Friday about Presidents Day.
• Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill for Friday’s excellent, logical-thinking opinion column.
• Congress members with the courage to stand up to the gun lobby and advocate outlawing AR-15s and automatic weapons.
Onions to …
• the rude lady who drove around and toward moving cars in the elementary school pick-up line and cussed at us.
• those who define their identity based on insignificant job titles.
• students littering in people’s yards.
• people who think more gun laws will fix mental illness, because the two are separate issues.
• people who still think gun control will stop mass murders.
• people who are against building a border wall and improving our security, because no wall is the same as leaving your front door standing open.
Happy Birthday to …
• Bill Smith, from Bethel Baptist Church and friends.
• Monica Steinke, Brigette Wheeler, Kyla Burton and London Weddle, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Lisa Johnson, from Rhonda, Mark, Haley and Bobby.
• David Golden, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Katie Lovins.
• Jill Sigman.
• Amanda West.
• Kelsie Bevis, from Grandma Jean.
Belated Happy Birthday to …
• Elijah Roberts, on his sixth birthday, from Mom, Dad, Charlie and Tanner.
• Dorinda Sneed.
• Jason Gearhart.
• Carla Sinke-Cole.
• Marla Finke Stone.
• Matthew W. Harker.