Orchids to …
• David and Wilma Doup for buying our dinner, from the Fairlawn Presbyterian Youth Group.
• Gary and Marilyn Cheek for their delicious chili, from a disabled person.
• D’Ila Gabbard for the birthday donuts, from Susanne Embry.
• Mark Webber for his great coverage of the Third House session Monday.
• Greg Lewis for bringing history to life for his students, which keeps them engaged and interested in learning.
Onions to …
• elected officials accepting money from the NRA to protect assault weapons.
• the fools who support gun control on school grounds, where only the bad people will have guns and no one can defend themselves.
• people who don’t realize the electoral college exists to prevent California and New York from picking the president each time.
• those who blame the tool and not the person in the gun-control debate.
• whoever is responsible for gun-free zones, which clearly don’t work.
• those who do not realize that every mass shooting would not have been prevented by gun control, as all of the shooters had mental health issues.
• the president for wanting to waste as much as $50 million for a military parade to stroke his own ego.
• the water company that makes an individual pay for their water leaks.
• whoever is in charge of the traffic light at 25th Street and Marr Road, where you can sit for five minutes even though there’s no traffic at 4:30 a.m.
• the restaurant that no longer has Styrofoam cups.
• people who illegally park their motor homes in their driveway, blocking the view.
• the person who took my box of frozen food at the grocery store Sunday.
• speakers at this week’s Third House session for not educating themselves on the capabilities and limitations of the AR-15 before expressing their views in public.
Happy Birthday to …
• Dan Grott on The Big One, from your brother John, all of your sisters, in-laws, nieces and nephews.
• Richard Spall, from Bethel Baptist Church and friends.
• Greg Stein, from your family and Donna.
• Kay Richards, love Dexter.
• Elsie Hege, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jackie Crouse, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jennifer Swope, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Lynn Glick.
• Jackie Jarrett and Jennie Swope, my beautiful nieces, from Susanne E. Embry.
• Rick Saltsman, from The Club B.
• Daryl Rose, Val Kappes, Gina Galligar and Wayne Hampton, from friends and family.
• Greg Hensley, love Mom and Dad.
Happy Birthday to …
• Catherine Maynard, Mary Mings and Katie Flinn, from Susanne.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Philip, from Connie and Chris and Sammi, Sadie, and Jackson and Stanley.