Bartholomew County Sheriff’s deputies, assisted by the Indiana State Police and Columbus Police Department, arrested 35 individuals at an underage drinking party Friday night.
At 11:47 p.m., deputies were dispatched to 14370 S.County Road 25W on a complaint about an underage drinking party, sheriff deputies said. Deputies found a large party of approximately 75 to 100 people.
When deputies arrived, they located numerous people under the age of 21 who had been consuming alcoholic beverages, deputies said. As the investigation continued, 35 subjects were arrested for illegal consumption, according to the sheriff’s department.
One person was charged with resisting arrest by fleeing, deputies said. While deputies were there, a fight broke out between two party goers. After the fight was broken up, the two were charged with battery and disorderly conduct, deputies said. The individuals who were arrested were transported to the Bartholomew County Jail.
The following individuals were arrested for illegal consumption of alcohol:
- Matthew James, 19, Hope
- Jaleel Shipley, 18, Columbus
- Chase Rider, 18, Columbus
- Devan Davis, 18,Columbus
- Katie Blevins, 18, Columbus
- Jayvon Thomas, 18, Columbus
- Brayden Scruggs, 18, Columbus
- Robert Pflueger, 19, Indianapolis
- Callie Silver, 18, Columbus
- Sarah Mehlek, 20, Columbus
- Alicia Frazer, 18, Columbus
- Taryn Sims, 20, Nashville
- Victor Guzman, 18, Columbus
- Ricky Harber, 18, Columbus
- Shelby Whitfield, 19, Columbus
- Parker Maggette, 18, Columbus
- Michael Davisson, 18, Seymour
- Zachary Davis, 19, Columbus
- Victoria Wilkerson, 20, Columbus
- Ryland Smith, 19, Columbus
- Tasha Skirvin, 20, Columbus
- Parker Wetherald, 19, Columbus
Two people were arrested for battery and disorderly conduct after getting into a fight during the incident, deputies said. They are:
- Mark Phillips, 24, Columbus
- Patrick Gaskins, 26, Columbus
Donavan Stainbrook, 20, Fort Campbell, Kentucky was arrested on preliminary charges of illegal consumption and resisting law enforcement after fleeing out window when deputies arrived, according to the sheriff’s department. He was found by Indiana State Police Trooper Jacob Tolle a short distance away.
Nine juveniles were also arrested for illegal consumption of alcohol, deputies said. A substantial amount of marijuana was recovered from the scene in addition to alcohol.
For more on this story, see Sunday’s Republic.