Orchids to …
• Jeff of Catering By Karr for the amazing food and hospitality, from Jennifer and Anthony.
• Dr. Jasuja for being a kind and caring doctor.
• Mike Metz for being an amazing, kind-hearted teacher who simply made a mistake.
• Judy Jackson for the Feb. 28 letter to the editor on the lack of dignity, respect and sanctity of life for unborn babies in their mother’s womb, from the Preusz family.
• Judy Jackson for letter to editor regarding abortions at Planned Parenthood.
• Judy Jackson and her Feb. 28 letter to the editor about protecting the most vulnerable and innocent lives inside the womb.
• Dr. Rick Chaille for truly caring about animals.
• the officer who made an arrest at Southern Crossing, taking one more person off the street.
• Pastor John Armstrong and church members coming to Rick’s aid Wednesday evening, and for the follow-up call from Pastor Armstrong to check on Rick.
• everyone on the sixth floor at Columbus Regional Hospital — you all are awesome, from Sandy Boyd.
• Linda, Mike, Marquita and Barbara at Legends Beauty shop for a great retirement send-off party and the gifts, and to all the clients, friends and family for the cards, gifts and well wishes, from Betty Poynter.
• my family, Glenn, Connie, Bill, Matt, Lori, Brittany, Cole, Brantley, Audryanna, Aandra, Kevin, Cierra, Skylar and Ruby for the retirement lunch and gift, from Betty Poynter.
Onions to …
• people who don’t realize that before Jan. 22, 1973, abortions on demand were not legal and they should not be legal now.
• the city for not prosecuting panhandlers.
• officials proposing the Riverfront project, who should instead do something about Columbus’s nasty-tasting water.
• supervisors who want the title, but set bad examples for employees.
• the people who continue to argue about gun-control laws, which will do nothing to fix the root of the problem, which is mental illness.
• those who refer to a gun problem when it is actually a people problem.
• the school corporation for considering expensive security options when a faculty and staff conceal-and-carry program has been proven to work in other places.
Happy Birthday to …
• Rita Schaeffer, from your family and Donna
• Carolyn Cox, from your family.
• Jaxon Bush on his first birthday.
• Brian McClintic, from mom, Aurora, Kayleigh, Torrie, Tom, Bailey, Benny, Natasha, Jason, Tony, Laurel and Dan.
Happy Birthday to …
• Mom, Barbara Herold on March 2, from your kids and grandkids and great-grandkids.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Brian and Jan Meek, from Journey Through Faith.