Orchids to …
• health care organizations that spend their money on improving patient care.
• The Republic for its editorial, “Enough,” which pleads with our lawmakers to do something to stop the carnage of individuals in our country due to gun and mental health issues.
• the state legislature and governor for finally reforming part of the state’s antiquated alcohol laws, from a happy consumer.
• Joe Bradley for his letter pointing out the sad facts about gun control and asking, “Are we there yet?”
• Ron Arnold for his picture of the round barn which was featured in the paper Feb. 21.
• The Republic for having an Orchids column which provides an opportunity for people to express themselves.
• Duke Energy for restoring our power so quickly.
• The Republic for Sunday’s excellent “Enough” editorial column recommending responsible common-sense approaches to gun safety.
Happy Birthday to …
• Mason Imlay, from your grandparents and family.
• April Nicole Retz, from Dad, Missy, Katie, Tommi, Lily, Jared, Nolan and Grandma.
• Chuck Baker, Colleen Zollman and Ben Harker, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Karen Patrick, from Mom, Mark, Kim, Joan, Uncle George and Aunt Anna.