Orchids to …
• the new Rindo authentic Japanese Restaurant for their wonderful lunch for the Chamber — fantastic Japanese food.
• the staff on the seventh floor of Columbus Regional Hospital for the care and attention given my father after he suffered a series of strokes.
• Rick Moss for the goodies, from Columbus Physicians Associates, PC.
• the Cummins Diversity Choir for an exceptionally engaging performance at Mayor Lienhoop’s State of the City program.
• David of Comcast for his excellent customer service installing our new modem, making sure everything was working properly before he left.
• The Republic for its story on the death of the absurd predator payday lending proposal.
• Susannah Dillon for her letter concerning daylight saving time and the need to change from Eastern back to the Central Time Zone.
• the compassionate gentleman at Speedway who pumped my gas Thursday when it was so cold, allowing me to stay in my car where it was warm, from Betty.
• The Republic for the wonderful editorial last Sunday on gun control.
Onions to …
• the company that is implementing a rate increase while purchasing country club memberships for some of its employees.
• school leaders for excessive punishment of an employee who made an honest mistake.
• the high school coaching staff that thinks the only way a student should letter is to participate in sectionals.
• neighbors who are already putting election signs in their yards.
• anyone who thinks you have to be mentally ill to harm someone else.
• anyone who is purposely ignorant of what the A in AR-15 means.
• the county department for not being able to have the estimated cost of jail improvements until after the May primaries.
• the letter writer who backed Clinton, who did much worse than the president is accused of doing.
• those who keep badgering the president and do not realize that they are hurting the country.
• those who suggest people who inject an illegal drug are similar to people diagnosed with cancer.
• people who use the term “common-sense gun legislation,” which is an infringement of the Second Amendment.
• grocery stores that do not put their ads in the paper anymore.
Happy Birthday to …
• Jerry Harriman, from your family and co-workers.
• Brad Stinebring, from your family, Judi and Donna.
• Barb Maus, from your friends at Bethel Baptist Church.
• Rylan Burge, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Scott Watkins, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Lucy Whittington, from Aunt Elsie.
• Susie Robbins.
• Emily Nunemaker, from Kim, Randy and Sarah.
• Zachary Crull.
• Riley Ellison.
• Gene Tharp, from Mary and Elsie.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Mike and Janet Ketron, from friends at the Moravian Church.