Orchids to …
• Amanda Virostko, Ann Morrow and Patty Pigman for sharing their insights and information about Baby Boot Camp, from the Child Abuse Prevention Council of Bartholomew County.
• all those working to make our country and our world a better and safer place.
• the person who found our anniversary money at the Walesboro bank machine that my loving husband left; thank you so very much for turning it in — what a beautiful person you are.
• Rhonda and Jack St. Clair for putting new rope for my new flag pole.
• Roger, for being here by my side; we still have a big challenge ahead of us but I know together we can do it — I love you with all my heart, Kathy.
Onions to …
• grocery stores that only have green bananas.
• schools for not supporting the Second Amendment with a show-of-support walkout.
• drivers who think they are above everyone by passing on double yellow in residential areas and exceeding the speed limit.
• people who want gun laws but won’t follow immigration laws.
• city official for bragging about this year’s tax abatements that have only produced three new jobs.
• people who don’t realize that 10th Street and Whitfield Drive does have turn arrows for east-west traffic, but in the other directions, you occasionally have to be a little patient, which is not a big deal.
• liberal atheists who think because they choose not to believe in God that Christians shouldn’t be allowed to either.
• people who say “people do not want the Riverfront project” when there are people who are all for it — you do not speak for everyone.
• anyone who thinks it matters what the A in AR stands for; it’s still a killing machine that should not be available to the general public.
• neighbors who are yard hoarders.
• all those who don’t realize that America is a secular country and always has been and always will be; I’m a happy atheist American and my morality is as good as anybody’s who believes in deities.
• those who don’t know this country was founded on religion and that’s why we are blessed.
• people who complain about the overcrowding of our jails; how is this my problem?
• those who don’t realize that some juveniles need to be waived to adult court because they commit crimes that are more likely to be committed by adults.
• Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee who are placing more interest in protecting the president and Russia over the security of the country.
Happy Birthday to …
• Jeanette Marsh, from your co-workers, your family, Kyle, Teresa, Ron and Donna.
• Joan Trilling, from your family and Donna.
• Jeanette Fivecoat, from Catherine.
• Terry Crossland, from Linda and the family.
• Krista Ross.
• Pappy Fleetwood, from Tim and Kelley — we love you, Daddy.
• Pappy Fleetwood, from Mom and Abbey and Boots.
• Ethan Lee, from Mamaw Patty, Pappaw Wayne, Matt, Lisa, and Katie, Sarah, Ronnie, Paige, Mamaw Burris and Mamaw Lee.
Belated Happy Birthday to …
• Michael and John Shireman, from John Tinkey.
• Charlie Schutte, from Aunt Elsie.
• Leslie Paulin, from friends at the Moravian Church.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Charlotte and Ab Frazier-Bey, from your family and Donna
• Abdulah and Charlotte Frazier-Bey.