FARGO, N.D. — Firefighters responded to the Fargodome and contained a fire in a lower level storage area before it could spread.

Officials say the fire about 11 p.m. Monday started in a dryer. The fire activated a sprinkler head which suppressed the fire until firefighters arrived to put it out.

The fire is believed to be accidental. Damage is estimated at $3,000.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.