Orchids to …
• Bob Webb for taking care of things around our home while we were away on spring break, from your Washington Street neighbors.
• Hope police who came out to help us grab our puppy, who was playfully running down the road in the cold and snow.
• Hope at Columbus Regional Hospital for her kindness and understanding when I had to take a test at the hospital, from Margie Peach.
• Growby’s RTO Home Furnishings for their wonderful selection and prompt, courteous service.
• the spot-on letter to the editor from Richard Gold.
Onions to …
• people who think they know more about the economy than the president, who has dealt with foreign entities all his business life.
• people who think an AR-15 is a “weapon of war”; it’s simply a semi-automatic rifle.
• people of America who march to take away our Second Amendment rights; it protects all the other rights, including yours.
• businesses worried about trade that need to be reminded that God’s payday isn’t always on Friday.
• yoga for criminals — seriously? Put jail inmates on the roadside cleaning up trash, and they’ll get all the exercise they need.
• President Trump for his congratulatory message to Russian President Vladimir Putin on his election victory.
• the city for not having turn arrows at Whitfield Drive and 10th Street, near high-volume stores.
• the city for focusing on the downtown area, and not doing enough for other parts of town.
• pet owners who don’t use a leash or observe pick-up duties.
• people who take their non-service dogs into stores with them.
• People who suggest everyone should buy groceries online, as some people like to see what they’re buying.
Happy Birthday to …
• David Sturgeon, from Elsie.
• Tim Harris.
• Benjamin Rockhill.
• David Pollert.
• Samira Zeller, from friends at the Moravian Church
• Doris Dunkin, from Tina
• Jonathon Titara, from Mamaw and Papaw, Grammy and Pappy.