MIAMI — A small grease fire at a restaurant inside a department store led to the evacuation of parts of a large mixed-use development in downtown Miami.

News outlets report the smoke filled the inner portion of the Brickell City Centre mall on Thursday afternoon. The development’s owner, Swire Properties, said in a statement that the grease fire originated in the kitchen of Casa Tua Cucina, an Italian food hall inside the mall’s Saks Fifth Avenue.

Miami Department of Fire-Rescue Capt. Ignatius Carroll says an air intake vent drew in the smoke and circulated it through the second-floor corridor. Carroll says firefighters treated one woman for shortness of breath.

Carroll says the fire was extinguished in 10 minutes. Swire properties said the mall was soon restored to fully operational status.