Orchids to …
• Richard Gold for an excellent letter that explains the complexity of our global markets and how policies can affect our economic health here in Indiana.
• Liz Nolan-Greven for her compassionate letter to the editor about immigration reform.
• Columbus Regional Hospital outpatient surgery staff for its expertise and compassion, from Carrie Bay.
• Papaw Dennis for clearing everyone’s driveways, from the folks at River Grove.
• our “neighbor kids,” Tim and Sandy Goodwin, for all that you do for us, from Carol and Tootsie.
• Richard Gold for his wide-ranging, fact-supported commentary on current government policy impacts.
• people in the minivan who brought my package that had been delivered incorrectly Wednesday morning.
• people who understand our leader’s bizarre infatuation with the leader of our sworn enemy is a real danger to the United States.
• Richard Gold for his thoughtful letter to the editor about our current self-destructive policies.
• the lady in the van who swerved to keep from hitting me when I pulled out in front of her on 25th Street last week.
• Ted and Mark at Loesch Heating & Air Conditioning for repairing our water heater, from the Thompsons.
• the kind gentleman who paid for our dinner last Friday at the Hobnob in Nashville, from three women from Columbus.
Onions to …
• to educators and school administrators who refuse to secure school grounds and buildings so that mentally ill or unstable individuals cannot enter buildings and classrooms.
• people who think marching for gun control takes away Second Amendment rights, when in actuality expressing our First Amendment rights is what protects all of our constitutional rights.
• people who think immigration comes automatically with no effort.
• the person who thinks that you need to learn how to order groceries online; if everyone does that, what happens to the jobs that will take away, the impulse buys and getting out and seeing and being around people?
• those who don’t realize weapons of war are exactly what the Second Amendment is written for.
• people who come to this country illegally, who should not be excused for their crimes.
• people who think school walkouts and protests are protected by the First Amendment, which says acts of crime are not protected.
• those who think their assault rifles will stop the government from taking their guns one day if the government decides to.
Happy Birthday to …
• Rod Wilson, from your family and co-workers.
• Jan Sims, from your family, Rachel and Donna.
• Adalyn Hufty, from your family and Donna.
• Karen Zook, from your family, Lori, Billie, Mary Beth and Chris.
• Sarah Walker, from your family, co-workers and Donna
• Caroline Frost, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Morris Norman, from Elsie.
• Cristen Rose Martinez.
• Rhys Ripley.
• Rilee Renee Jessee.
• Weston Miller on No. 17, from Mamaw Kirby, the Kirbys, Mom, Dad, Zachary and Lyndsay.
• Landyn Everett, from MooMoo and Papaw Everett.
• Jim Swegman, from all your family with lots of love.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Don and Mary Williamson, from friends at the Moravian Church.