BOW, N.H. — Authorities say a dog helped save a Bow family from a fire that destroyed their barn overnight.

WMUR-TV reports that the fire was reported just before 1:30 a.m. Sunday. Crews from a dozen towns responded as flames spread from the barn to the home.

Fire officials say a barking dog woke up a father and two children who were sleeping in the home. They were able to escape safely.

The barn is a total loss.


Information from: WMUR-TV, http://wmur.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.