Orchids to …
• people responsible for the Discover Columbus sign in the grass on the west side; we love it, from architecture fans.
• our waitress Tuesday at Chili’s for the great food and wonderful service, from the Tai Chi birthday group.
• Dr. Vermillion, Taryn and the staff of Columbus Animal Hospital for the care they gave Daisy Mae during her surgery.
• everyone that knows sensible gun control does mean confiscation or ban.
• the person who turned in the cash I left at the Kroger self check-out station March 27; I thank you.
• the staff of Swiss Maid in Hope for accommodating my last-minute request for the fabulous cookie tray, from a postal employee.
• B&B Plumbing for their quick response to a problem, from Janet.
• the amazing Anderson family for buying my lunch on Tuesday, from a grateful man.
• Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens for his call to repeal the Second Amendment.
• Lance Barker of Barker Brothers Plumbing for his heroic work in solving my plumbing problem and restoring water to my rental home, from Donna.
• the two guys who brought produce to Fairington Apartments, thank you.
• Bartholomew County Indivisible for fighting for us all on critical issues, such as redistricting, fair elections, education, health care and common-sense gun legislation.
• the people at Bardonner Dentistry for working me in on an emergency basis.
Onions to …
• people who do not realize other amendments and laws that they enjoy were written at the same time as the Second Amendment.
• those who overcompensate with big guns and are terrified the kids will take their toys.
• the retired family member who lives with relatives but refuses to lift a finger to help out while all others work and pay all of the bills.
• the officials who have forgotten that a jail is not a luxury hotel paid for at the taxpayer expense; it is a place of confinement for persons held in lawful custody.
• those who hurry so they can be the first at the next red light.
• people who own rental properties and think people who rent should make gobs of money; this is discrimination.
• noisy drug dealers who keep their neighbors awake all night.
• anyone claiming “thoughts and prayers” do not work, because they certainly do.
Happy Birthday to …
• Connie Bradley, from your family and Donna.
• Jon Sharp, from your family and Donna.
• Lynnette Krueger, from your family and Donna.
• Daniel Blake Welch, on No. 25, from Aunt Lisa.
• Angie Watson, with love from your family.
• Terry Snyder.
• Cindy Hege Sturgeon, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jesse Walls from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Zachary Hoover.
• Jo Ellen Seright.
• Beulah Thompson, from Jean Patrick.
• Lynette Kruger, from all your family.
• Jayne Allender, from Barbara and Virginia.
Belated Happy Birthday to …
• Camden Lay on March 28, from all your family.